Overview Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care pain and fever adults pain and fever children warning signs Underlying Cause Anatomy
Lymph Gland Swelling Evaluation
- Lymph node swelling in the armpits
- Elbow lymph node swelling
- Groin lymph node swelling
- Lymph node swelling in the neck, over the collarbone
- Lymph node swelling in the neck, under the jaw
- Lymph node swelling in the neck, around the ear
Severe infections of the lymphatic system may cause inflammation of the lymph channels under the skin, called lymphangitis. Lymphangitis causes red streaks to form in the skin.
Testing may be necessary to determine the cause for lymph gland swelling.
Tests that may be used to evaluate lymph gland swelling include:
Continue to Lymph Gland Swelling Treatment
PubMed Lymph Gland Swelling References
- Brook I, Frazier EH. Microbiology of cervical lymphadenitis in adults. Acta Otolaryngol. 1998 Jun;118(3):443-6. 
- Durlach RA, Kaufer F, Carral L, Hirt J. Toxoplasmic lymphadenitis--clinical and serologic profile. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2003 Jul;9(7):625-31. 
- Giovagnorio F, Rusticali A, Araneo AL. Color and pulsed Doppler evaluation of benign and malignant adenopathy. Clin Imaging. 1997 May-Jun;21(3):163-9. 
- Olszewski WL. The innate reaction of the human skin lymphatic system to foreign and self-antigens. Lymphat Res Biol. 2005 Summer;3(2):50-7.