Lupus Rash Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of discoid lupus.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Lupus Rash Specialist
- de la Rosa Carrillo D, Christensen OB. Treatment of chronic discoid lupus erythematosus with topical tacrolimus. Acta Derm Venereol. 2004;84(3):233-4. 
- Green JJ, Baker DJ. Linear childhood discoid lupus erythematosus following the lines of Blaschko: a case report with review of the linear manifestations of lupus erythematosus. Pediatr Dermatol. 1999 Mar-Apr;16(2):128-33. 
- Ishida-Yamamoto A, Kanno K, Sato E, Takahashi H, Iizuka H. Discoid lupus erythematosus exacerbated by radiation therapy. J Dermatol. 2005 Mar;32(3):225-6. 
- Williams DS. Chronic cutaneous (discoid) lupus erythematosus. J Insur Med. 2005;37(1):70-1.