Lupus Arthritis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for lupus.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- Will my children have this condition?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Lupus Arthritis Specialist
- Buyon JP, Petri MA, Kim MY, et. al. The effect of combined estrogen and progesterone hormone replacement therapy on disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosus: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med. 2005 Jun 21;142(12 Pt 1):953-62. 
- Karrar A, Sequeira W, Block JA. Coronary artery disease in systemic lupus erythematosus: A review of the literature. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2001 Jun;30(6):436-43. 
- Petri M. Review of classification criteria for systemic lupus erythematosus. Rheum Dis Clin North Am. 2005 May;31(2):245-54, vi. 
- Yacoub Wasef SZ. Gender differences in systemic lupus erythematosus. Gend Med. 2004 Aug;1(1):12-7.