Lung Mesothelioma Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for mesothelioma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Lung Mesothelioma Specialist
- Laden F, Stampfer MJ, Walker AM. Lung cancer and mesothelioma among male automobile mechanics: a review. Rev Environ Health. 2004 Jan-Mar;19(1):39-61. 
- Maziak DE, Gagliardi A, Haynes AE, Mackay JA, Evans WK; Cancer Care Ontario Program in Evidence-based Care Lung Cancer Disease Site Group. Surgical management of malignant pleural mesothelioma: a systematic review and evidence summary. Lung Cancer. 2005 May;48(2):157-69. 
- van Ruth S, Baas P, Zoetmulder FA. Surgical treatment of malignant pleural mesothelioma: a review. Chest. 2003 Feb;123(2):551-61.