Low Body Temperature Outlook
What to expect with hypothermia:
- The outlook depends on how low the body temperature is, and the health of the person.
- Some people have survived body temperatures as low as 61 degrees F (16 C).
- Some people have survived cardiac arrest caused by submersion in cold water.
Continue to Low Body Temperature Underlying Cause
- Epstein E, Anna K. Accidental hypothermia. BMJ. 2006 Mar 25;332(7543):706-9. 
- Jurkovich GJ. Environmental cold-induced injury. Surg Clin North Am. 2007 Feb;87(1):247-67, viii.