Low Blood Sugar Prevention
Prevention of hypoglycemia includes:
- Learn how to recognize symptoms of hypoglycemia.
- Eat smaller meals more frequently.
Prevention of hypoglycemia in diabetics includes:
- Check your blood sugar every day:
- As directed by your doctor
- Keep a diabetes diary.
- Eat a diabetic diet.
- Diabetes education:
- For you to recognize symptoms of hypoglycemia
- For family members, teachers and coworkers
- Follow an exercise plan developed with your doctor.
Continue to Low Blood Sugar Outlook
- Brun JF, Fedou C, Mercier J. Postprandial reactive hypoglycemia. Diabetes Metab. 2000 Nov;26(5):337-51. 
- Cox DJ, Gonder-Frederick LA, Kovatchev BP, Clarke WL. Self-treatment of hypoglycemia while driving. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2001 Oct;54(1):17-26. 
- Herbel G, Boyle PJ. Hypoglycemia. Pathophysiology and treatment. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2000 Dec;29(4):725-43. 
- Murata GH, Duckworth WC, Hoffman RM, Wendel CS, Mohler MJ, Shah JH. Hypoglycemia in type 2 diabetes: a critical review. Biomed Pharmacother. 2004 Dec;58(10):551-9.