Overview Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care BP checks warning signs Underlying Cause
Low Blood Pressure Evaluation
- Lower than normal blood pressure reading
- Excessive sweating
- Pale skin
- Rapid breathing
- Rapid pulse
Tests are usually necessary to determine the cause of hypotension.
Tests that may be used to evaluate hypotension include:
Continue to Low Blood Pressure Treatment
PubMed Low Blood Pressure References
- Duschek S, Schandry R. Cognitive performance and cerebral blood flow in essential hypotension. Psychophysiology. 2004 Nov;41(6):905-13. 
- Jones AE, Aborn LS, Kline JA. Severity of emergency department hypotension predicts adverse hospital outcome. Shock. 2004 Nov;22(5):410-4. 
- Schrezenmaier C, Gehrking JA, Hines SM, Low PA, Benrud-Larson LM, Sandroni P. Evaluation of orthostatic hypotension: relationship of a new self-report instrument to laboratory-based measures. Mayo Clin Proc. 2005 Mar;80(3):330-4. 
- Sclater A, Alagiakrishnan K. Orthostatic hypotension. A primary care primer for assessment and treatment. Geriatrics. 2004 Aug;59(8):22-7.