Low Blood Count Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of anemia.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for anemia?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Low Blood Count Specialist
- Bain BJ. Diagnosis from the blood smear. N Engl J Med. 2005 Aug 4;353(5):498-507. 
- Bain BJ. Pathogenesis and pathophysiology of anemia in HIV infection. Curr Opin Hematol. 1999 Mar;6(2):89-93. 
- Brodsky RA, Jones RJ. Aplastic anaemia. Lancet. 2005 May 7-13;365(9471):1647-56. 
- Kuriyan M, Carson JL. Anemia and clinical outcomes. Anesthesiol Clin North America. 2005 Jun;23(2):315-25, vii. 
- Williams MD, Wheby MS: Anemia in pregnancy. Med Clin North Am 1992 May; 76(3): 631-47.