Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care BP checks pulse checks taking control warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Types Anatomy
Low Blood Count Incidence
Facts about anemia:
- About 4 percent of males in the US have anemia.
- About 8 percent of females in the US have anemia.
Continue to Low Blood Count Symptoms
PubMed Low Blood Count References
- Bain BJ. Diagnosis from the blood smear. N Engl J Med. 2005 Aug 4;353(5):498-507. 
- Bain BJ. Pathogenesis and pathophysiology of anemia in HIV infection. Curr Opin Hematol. 1999 Mar;6(2):89-93. 
- Brodsky RA, Jones RJ. Aplastic anaemia. Lancet. 2005 May 7-13;365(9471):1647-56. 
- Kuriyan M, Carson JL. Anemia and clinical outcomes. Anesthesiol Clin North America. 2005 Jun;23(2):315-25, vii. 
- Williams MD, Wheby MS: Anemia in pregnancy. Med Clin North Am 1992 May; 76(3): 631-47.