Lost Consciousness Home Care
Home treatment for fainting includes:
- Lie down.
- Elevate your feet above your heart for 10-20 minutes.
- Loosen tight clothing.
- Dehydration prevention:
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Avoid hot environments.
- Avoid excessive sweating.
- In hot weather:
- Apply a cold compress to the forehead.
- Drink a cool drink.
- Move out of the sun and into the shade.
- Drink a beverage with sugar if you have diabetes.
Lost Consciousness Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have fainting and any of the following:
Continue to Lost Consciousness Underlying Cause
- Boehm KE, Morris EJ, Kip KT, et al: Diagnosis and management of neurally mediated syncope and related conditions in adolescents. J Adolesc Health 2001 Jan; 28(1): 2-9. 
- Crane SD: Risk stratification of patients with syncope in an accident and emergency department. Emerg Med J 2002; 19: 23-27. 
- Gatzoulis K, Sideris S, Theopistou A: Long-term outcome of patients with recurrent syncope of unknown cause in the absence of organic heart disease and relation to results of baseline tilt table testing. Am J Cardiol 2003; 92: 876-879. 
- Tanel RE, Walsh EP: Syncope in the pediatric patient. Cardiol Clin 1997 May; 15(2): 277-94. 
- Wieling W, Colman N, Krediet CT, Freeman R. Nonpharmacological treatment of reflex syncope. Clin Auton Res. 2004 Oct;14 Suppl 1:62-70.