Loss of Water Prevention
Prevention of dehydration includes:
- Avoid caffeine.
- Avoiding milk or dairy products.
- Avoid heavy exercise in hot weather.
- Dress cool and make sure you get plenty of fluids.
- Drink six to eight glasses of water each day.
- Drink plenty of sports drinks and water during exercise.
- You are drinking enough fluids when:
- Your urine is light yellow
- You are urinating frequently
Continue to Loss of Water Complications
- Armstrong LE. Hydration assessment techniques. Nutr Rev. 2005 Jun;63(6 Pt 2):S40-54. 
- Posthauer ME. Hydration: an essential nutrient. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2005 Jan-Feb;18(1):32-3. 
- Sentongo TA. The use of oral rehydration solutions in children and adults. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2004 Aug;6(4):307-13. 
- Ulrickson M. Oral rehydration therapy in children with acute gastroenteritis. JAAPA. 2005 Jan;18(1):24-29.