Loss of Hair Scalp Lift
Scalp lift procedure for alopecia:
- Parts of the scalp are loosened from the underlying tissue and a patch of bald skin is removed from the scalp.
- The skin then stretched and edges are brought together, in order to close the opening.
- This brings parts of the scalp that have healthy hair follicles closer together, reducing the area of baldness.
Continue to Loss of Hair Scalp Reduction
- Lenane P, Pope E, Krafchik B. Congenital alopecia areata. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2005 Feb;52(2 Suppl 1):8-11. 
- Ross EK, Shapiro J. Management of hair loss. Dermatol Clin. 2005 Apr;23(2):227-43. 
- Trueb RM; Swiss Trichology Study Group. Finasteride treatment of patterned hair loss in normoandrogenic postmenopausal women. Dermatology. 2004;209(3):202-7. 
- Wiedemeyeer K, Schill WB, LOser C. Diseases on hair follicles leading to hair loss part I: nonscarring alopecias. Skinmed. 2004 Jul-Aug;3(4):209-14. 
- Wiedemeyer K, Schill WB, Loser C. Diseases on hair follicles leading to hair loss part II: scarring alopecias. Skinmed. 2004 Sep-Oct;3(5):266-9.