Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Transmission
Facts about tetanus:
- Tetanus is rare because the tetanus vaccine prevents the disease.
- Less than 50 cases of tetanus occur in the US each year.
Continue to Lockjaw Risk Factors
PubMed Lockjaw References
- Attygalle D, Rodrigo N. New trends in the management of tetanus. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2004 Feb;2(1):73-84. 
- Hsu SS, Groleau G. Tetanus in the emergency department: a current review. J Emerg Med. 2001 May;20(4):357-65. 
- Rhee P, Nunley MK, Demetriades D, Velmahos G, Doucet JJ. Tetanus and trauma: a review and recommendations. J Trauma. 2005 May;58(5):1082-8.