Overview Symptoms liver failure Evaluation Treatment diet questions for doctor specialist Home Care anorexia liver diet vomiting warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Liver is Damaged due to Alcohol Questions For Doctor
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for liver disease?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Liver is Damaged due to Alcohol Specialist
PubMed Liver is Damaged due to Alcohol References
- Haber PS, Warner R, Seth D, Gorrell MD, McCaughan GW. Pathogenesis and management of alcoholic hepatitis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2003 Dec;18(12):1332-44. 
- Madhotra R, Gilmore IT. Recent developments in the treatment of alcoholic hepatitis. QJM. 2003 Jun;96(6):391-400. 
- O'Shea RS, McCullough AJ. Treatment of alcoholic hepatitis. Clin Liver Dis. 2005 Feb;9(1):103-34. 
- Willner IR, Reuben A. Alcohol and the liver. Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2005 May;21(3):323-30.