Liver Hemangioma Anatomy
To better understand hemangioma of the liver, it helps to understand the anatomy of the liver.
The liver is located in the upper right abdomen. It is one of the largest organs in the body.
Functions of the liver include:
- Helps convert food into energy
- Helps digest food
- Removes toxins, such as alcohol, from the blood
- Regulates blood clotting
- Stores energy
- Stores iron
- Choi BY, Nguyen MH. The diagnosis and management of benign hepatic tumors. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2005 May-Jun;39(5):401-12. 
- Demircan O, Demiryurek H, Yagmur O. Surgical approach to symptomatic giant cavernous hemangioma of the liver. Hepatogastroenterology. 2005 Jan-Feb;52(61):183-6. 
- Gibbs JF, Litwin AM, Kahlenberg MS. Contemporary management of benign liver tumors. Surg Clin North Am. 2004 Apr;84(2):463-80. 
- Mortele KJ, Ros PR. Benign liver neoplasms. Clin Liver Dis. 2002 Feb;6(1):119-45.