Little League Elbow Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for medial epicondylitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Little League Elbow Specialist
- Ciccotti MC, Schwartz MA, Ciccotti MG. Diagnosis and treatment of medial epicondylitis of the elbow. Clin Sports Med. 2004 Oct;23(4):693-705, xi. 
- Salyapongse A, Hatch JD. Advances in the management of medial elbow pain in baseball pitchers. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2003 Oct;2(5):276-80. 
- Simunovic Z, Trobonjaca T, Trobonjaca Z. Treatment of medial and lateral epicondylitis--tennis and golfer's elbow--with low level laser therapy: a multicenter double blind, placebo-controlled clinical study on 324 patients. J Clin Laser Med Surg. 1998 Jun;16(3):145-51. 
- Stahl S, Kaufman T. The efficacy of an injection of steroids for medial epicondylitis. A prospective study of sixty elbows. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1997 Nov;79(11):1648-52.