Listeriosis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for listeriosis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How do I avoid passing the infection to others?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Listeriosis Specialist
- Doganay M. Listeriosis: clinical presentation. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2003 Apr 1;35(3):173-5. 
- Hof, H. An update on the medical management of listeriosis. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2004 Aug;5(8):1727-35. 
- Ogunmodede F, Jones JL, Scheftel J, Kirkland E, Schulkin J, Lynfield R. Listeriosis prevention knowledge among pregnant women in the USA. Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2005 Mar;13(1):11-5.