Lichen Planus Itching
Home care for itching in those with lichen planus includes:
- An oral antihistamine such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl):
- Adults may take 25 to 50 mg of diphenhydramine every four to six hours as needed
- Anti-itching creams such as:
- Benadryl Itch Stopping Cream
- A steroid cream such as a 0.5 to 1% hydrocortisone cream or ointment such as:
- Domeboro Astringent is used as a wet compress on itching skin.
- Prescribed oral antihistamines or other medicines should be used as directed.
Continue to Lichen Planus Warning Signs
- Bauza A, Espana A, Gil P, Lloret P, Vazquez Doval FJ. Successful treatment of lichen planus with sulfasalazine in 20 patients. Int J Dermatol. 2005 Feb;44(2):158-62. 
- Dissemond J. Oral lichen planus: an overview. J Dermatolog Treat. 2004 Jun;15(3):136-40. 
- Maender JL, Krishnan RS, Angel TA, Hsu S. Complete resolution of generalized lichen planus after treatment with thalidomide. J Drugs Dermatol. 2005 Jan-Feb;4(1):86-8. 
- Sakakibara K, Nakada T, Sueki H, Lijima M, Irisawa K. Annular lichen planus. J Cutan Med Surg. 2004 May-Jun;8(3):173-5.