Lesch Nyhan Syndrome Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for Lesch Nyhan syndrome.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- Will my children have this condition?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Lesch Nyhan Syndrome Specialist
- Cusumano FJ, Penna KJ, Panossian G. Prevention of self-mutilation in patients with Lesch-Nyhan syndrome: review of literature. ASDC J Dent Child. 2001 May-Jun;68(3):175-8. 
- Olson L, Houlihan D. A review of behavioral treatments used for Lesch-Nyhan syndrome. Behav Modif. 2000 Apr;24(2):202-22. 
- Saito Y, Takashima S. Neurotransmitter changes in the pathophysiology of Lesch-Nyhan syndrome. Brain Dev. 2000 Sep;22 Suppl 1:S122-31.