Lesch Nyhan Syndrome Outlook
What to expect with Lesch Nyhan syndrome:
- People with Lesch-Nyhan syndrome are unable to walk.
- Abnormal movements and behavior problems are difficult to control.
- Disability worsens over time.
- Most people with Lesch-Nyhan syndrome do not live past 40 years old.
Continue to Lesch Nyhan Syndrome Underlying Cause
- Cusumano FJ, Penna KJ, Panossian G. Prevention of self-mutilation in patients with Lesch-Nyhan syndrome: review of literature. ASDC J Dent Child. 2001 May-Jun;68(3):175-8. 
- Olson L, Houlihan D. A review of behavioral treatments used for Lesch-Nyhan syndrome. Behav Modif. 2000 Apr;24(2):202-22. 
- Saito Y, Takashima S. Neurotransmitter changes in the pathophysiology of Lesch-Nyhan syndrome. Brain Dev. 2000 Sep;22 Suppl 1:S122-31.