Leiomyoma Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of uterine fibroids.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will my daughter have this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Leiomyoma Specialist
- Chen S. MRI-guided focused ultrasound treatment of uterine fibroids. Issues Emerg Health Technol. 2005 Jul;(70):1-4. 
- Lippman SA, Warner M, Samuels S, Olive D, Vercellini P, Eskenazi B. Uterine fibroids and gynecologic pain symptoms in a population-based study. Fertil Steril. 2003 Dec;80(6):1488-94. 
- Medical Letter. Uterine artery embolization for fibroids. Med Lett Drugs Ther. 2005 Apr 11;47(1206):31-2. 
- Prollius A, de Vries C, Loggenberg E, Nel M, du Plessis A, Van Rensburg DJ, Wessels PH. Uterine artery embolization for symptomatic fibroids. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2004 Mar;84(3):236-40.