Legs Restless Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of restless legs syndrome.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for worsening restless legs syndrome?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Legs Restless Specialist
- Chaudhuri KR, Forbes A, Grosset D, Lees A, Shneerson J, Schapira A, Stillman P, Williams A. Diagnosing restless legs syndrome (RLS) in primary care. Curr Med Res Opin. 2004 Nov;20(11):1785-95. 
- Hogl B, Poewe W. Restless legs syndrome. Curr Opin Neurol. 2005 Aug;18(4):405-10. 
- Stiasny-Kolster K, Trenkwalder C, Fogel W, Greulich W, Hahne M, Lachenmayer L, Oechsner M, Oertel WH. Restless legs syndrome--new insights into clinical characteristics, pathophysiology, and treatment options. J Neurol. 2004 Sep;251 Suppl 6:VI/39-43. 
- Trenkwalder C, Paulus W, Walters AS. The restless legs syndrome. Lancet Neurol. 2005 Aug;4(8):465-75.