Legg Perthes Disease Incidence
Facts about Legg-Perthes disease:
- About 4 out of 100,000 children in the US develop Legg-Perthes disease each year.
- The disease is most common in males.
- The disease is most common between the age of 4 and 10 years.
Continue to Legg Perthes Disease Risk Factors
- Balasa VV, Gruppo RA, Glueck CJ, Wang P, Roy DR, Wall EJ, Mehlman CT, Crawford AH. Legg-Calve-Perthes disease and thrombophilia. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2004 Dec;86-A(12):2642-7. 
- Glueck CJ, Crawford A, Roy D, Freiberg R, Glueck H, Stroop D. Association of antithrombotic factor deficiencies and hypofibrinolysis with Legg-Perthes disease. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1996 Jan;78(1):3-13. 
- Glueck CJ, Freiberg RA, Crawford A, Gruppo R, Roy D, Tracy T, Sieve-Smith L, Wang P. Secondhand smoke, hypofibrinolysis, and Legg-Perthes disease. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1998 Jul;(352):159-67. 
- Reinker KA. Early diagnosis and treatment of hinge abduction in Legg-Perthes disease. J Pediatr Orthop. 1996 Jan-Feb;16(1):3-9.