Leaking Brain Aneurysm Prevention
Prevention of a subarachnoid hemorrhage includes:
- Avoid alcohol, or drink alcohol in moderation:
- For men: no more than 2 alcoholic beverages per day
- For women: no more than 1 alcoholic beverage per day
- Eat a healthy heart diet:
- Exercise according to your doctor's recommendations.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Stop smoking
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke
- Reduce stress.
- Take blood pressure medication as directed if you have high blood pressure.
Continue to Leaking Brain Aneurysm Outlook
- Ashley WW Jr, Chicoine MR. Subarachnoid hemorrhage caused by posterior inferior cerebellar artery aneurysm with an anomalous course of the atlantoaxial segment of the vertebral artery. Case report and review of literature. J Neurosurg. 2005 Aug;103(2):356-60. 
- Edlow JA. Diagnosis of subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neurocrit Care. 2005;2(2):99-109. 
- Rosen DS, Macdonald RL. Subarachnoid hemorrhage grading scales: a systematic review. Neurocrit Care. 2005;2(2):110-8. 
- Salary M, Quigley MR, Wilberger JE Jr. Relation among aneurysm size, amount of subarachnoid blood, and clinical outcome. J Neurosurg. 2007 Jul;107(1):13-7. 
- Stiefel MF, Heuer GG, Abrahams JM, Bloom S, Smith MJ, Maloney-Wilensky E, Grady MS, LeRoux PD. The effect of nimodipine on cerebral oxygenation in patients with poor-grade subarachnoid hemorrhage. J Neurosurg. 2004 Oct;101(4):594-9. 
- Toussaint LG 3rd, Friedman JA, Wijdicks EF, Piepgras DG, Pichelmann MA, McIver JI, McClelland RL, Nichols DA, Meyer FB, Atkinson JL. Influence of aspirin on outcome following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. J Neurosurg. 2004 Dec;101(6):921-5. 
- van Gijn J, Kerr RS, Rinkel GJ. Subarachnoid haemorrhage. Lancet. 2007 Jan 27;369(9558):306-18.