What to expect with croup:
- Croup usually resolves over 7 days, without treatment.
- About 2% of children with croup require treatment in an emergency room.
- Children rarely require hospitalization for croup.
Continue to Laryngotracheobronchitis Underlying Cause
- Bjornson CL, Klassen TP, Williamson J, Brant R, Mitton C, Plint A, Bulloch B, Evered L, Johnson DW; Pediatric Emergency Research Canada Network. A randomized trial of a single dose of oral dexamethasone for mild croup. N Engl J Med. 2004 Sep 23;351(13):1306-13. 
- Custer JR. A randomized trial of a single dose of oral dexamethasone for mild croup. J Pediatr. 2005 Mar;146(3):434-5. 
- Griffin S, Ellis S, Fitzgerald-Barron A, Rose J, Egger M. Nebulised steroid in the treatment of croup: a systematic review of randomised controlled trials. Br J Gen Pract. 2000 Feb;50(451):135-41. 
- Johnson D. Croup. Clin Evid. 2004 Dec;(12):401-26.