Overview Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care pain in adults pain in children warning signs Outlook Underlying Cause
Laceration on Coral Evaluation
- Multiple, small lacerations on the hands or feet
- Red, irritated skin with welts or wheals
- Red, inflamed skin around infected cuts
- Red, inflamed or infected cuts from coral
Tests are not necessary to make the diagnosis of coral cuts.
Tests that may be used to evaluate coral cuts include:
Continue to Laceration on Coral Treatment
PubMed Laceration on Coral References
- Reed KC, Crowell MC, Castro MD, Sloan ML. Skin and soft-tissue infections after injury in the ocean: culture methods and antibiotic therapy for marine bacteria. Mil Med. 1999 Mar;164(3):198-201.