Korsakoff Psychosis Outlook
What to expect with Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome:
- Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome responds well to treatment.
- Long-standing Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome can cause permanent damage to the brain.
Continue to Korsakoff Psychosis Complications
- Day E, Bentham P, Callaghan R, Kuruvilla T, George S. Thiamine for Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome in people at risk from alcohol abuse. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004;(1):CD004033. 
- Jauhar P, Montaldi D. Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome and the use of brain imaging. Alcohol Alcohol Suppl. 2000 May-Jun;35(1):21-3. 
- Thomson AD. Mechanisms of vitamin deficiency in chronic alcohol misusers and the development of the Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome. Alcohol Alcohol Suppl. 2000 May-Jun;35(1):2-7.