Knee Sprain Symptoms
Symptoms of a knee sprain include:
- Knee pain:
- Knee bruise
- Knee swelling
- Usually due to swelling inside the joint
- Knee stiffness
- Knee tenderness
- Tenderness in the joint line
- Tenderness overlying the injured ligament
- Difficulty walking
- Knee popping and locking
- Knee suddenly gives out
Continue to Knee Sprain Evaluation
- Beynnon BD, Johnson RJ, Abate JA, Fleming BC, Nichols CE. Treatment of anterior cruciate ligament injuries, part 2. Am J Sports Med. 2005 Nov;33(11):1751-67.
- Beynnon BD, Johnson RJ, Abate JA, Fleming BC, Nichols CE. Treatment of anterior cruciate ligament injuries, part I. Am J Sports Med. 2005 Oct;33(10):1579-602. 
- Boutin RD, Fritz RC. MRI of snow skiing and snowboarding injuries. Semin Musculoskelet Radiol. 2005 Dec;9(4):360-78. 
- Forster MC, Komarsamy B, Davison JN. Distal femoral fractures: a review of fixation methods. Injury. 2006 Feb;37(2):97-108. 
- Khan Z, Faruqui Z, Ogyunbiyi O, Rosset G, Iqbal J. Ultrasound assessment of internal derangement of the knee. Acta Orthop Belg. 2006 Jan;72(1):72-6. 
- Rose NE, Gold SM. A comparison of accuracy between clinical examination and magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of meniscal and anterior cruciate ligament tears. Arthroscopy. 1996 Aug;12(4):398-405.
- Woo SL, Abramowitch SD, Kilger R, Liang R. Biomechanics of knee ligaments: injury, healing, and repair. J Biomech. 2006;39(1):1-20.