Kidney Stone Incidence
Facts about kidney stone:
- About 1 out of 10 people in the US will suffer from kidney stones at some point in their life.
- About 2 million people suffer from kidney stones each year in the US.
- Kidney stones are twice as common in men.
- The most common type of kidney stone is made of calcium.
Continue to Kidney Stone Risk Factors
- Hall PM. Preventing kidney stones: calcium restriction not warranted. Cleve Clin J Med. 2002 Nov;69(11):885-8. 
- Pietrow PK, Karellas ME. Medical management of common urinary calculi. Am Fam Physician. 2006 Jul 1;74(1):86-94. 
- Portis AJ, Sundaram CP. Diagnosis and initial management of kidney stones. Am Fam Physician. 2001 Apr 1;63(7):1329-38. 
- Rao PN. Imaging for kidney stones. World J Urol. 2004 Nov;22(5):323-7. 
- Taylor EN, Stampfer MJ, Curhan GC. Obesity, weight gain, and the risk of kidney stones. JAMA. 2005 Jan 26;293(4):455-62.