Kidney Artery Blockage Outlook
What to expect with renal artery occlusion:
- The outcome depends on the amount of time that the kidney does not receive blood supply.
- Surgery to restore the blood flow can reverse kidney damage if the procedure is performed before the kidney fails.
Continue to Kidney Artery Blockage Complications
- Gasparini M, Hofmann R, Stoller M. Renal artery embolism: clinical features and therapeutic options. J Urol. 1992 Mar;147(3):567-72. 
- Haas CA, Dinchman KH, Nasrallah PF, Spirnak JP. Traumatic renal artery occlusion: a 15-year review. J Trauma. 1998 Sep;45(3):557-61. 
- Nicholas GG, DeMuth WE Jr. Treatment of renal artery embolism. Arch Surg. 1984 Mar;119(3):278-81.