Keratosis Nigricans Home Care
Home care for acanthosis nigricans includes:
- Avoid injuring the patches of skin.
- Gently clean the skin with mild soap every day.
- Avoid scratching the skin:
- This may cause an infection.
Keratosis Nigricans Warning Signs
Notify your doctor for acanthosis nigricans and any of the following:
Continue to Keratosis Nigricans Outlook
- Hermanns-Le T, Hermanns JF, Pierard GE. Juvenile acanthosis nigricans and insulin resistance. Pediatr Dermatol. 2002 Jan-Feb;19(1):12-4. 
- Matsuoka LY, Wortsman J, Gavin JR, Goldman J. Spectrum of endocrine abnormalities associated with acanthosis nigricans. Am J Med. 1987 Oct;83(4):719-25. 
- Olson KK. Acanthosis nigricans. A guide to assessment and evaluation. Adv Nurse Pract. 2004 Dec;12(12):24-6.