Joint Arthritis Underlying Cause
In all cases of arthritis, the cartilage is damaged in some way, which causes irritation and swelling. In many cases, the joint is permanently damaged, leading to persistent swelling, stiffness and pain.
Joint Arthritis Types
Types of arthritis include:
Continue to Joint Arthritis Anatomy
- Cohen MD. Raising expectations for arthritis treatment. Biologic response modifiers are making remission possible. Postgrad Med. 2004 Nov;116(5):41-2, 48-50. 
- Corr M. The tolls of arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2005 Aug;52(8):2233-6. 
- Leirisalo-Repo M. Early arthritis and infection. Curr Opin Rheumatol. 2005 Jul;17(4):433-9. 
- Oliver S, Hill J. Arthritis in the older person: part 1. Nurs Older People. 2005 Jun;17(4):25-9. 
- Quinn MA, Emery P. Are early arthritis clinics necessary? Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 2005 Feb;19(1):1-17.