Jock Itch Transmission
Facts about the transmission of tinea cruris:
- Tinea cruris is spread through direct contact with infected skin or by contact with contaminated items, such as towels or bedclothes.
Continue to Jock Itch Anatomy
- Budimulja U, Bramono K, Urip KS, Basuki S, Widodo G, Rapatz G, Paul C. Once daily treatment with terbinafine 1% cream (Lamisil) for one week is effective in the treatment of tinea corporis and cruris. A placebo-controlled study. Mycoses. 2001;44(7-8):300-6. 
- Gupta AK, Chaudhry M, Elewski B. Tinea corporis, tinea cruris, tinea nigra, and piedra. Dermatol Clin. 2003 Jul;21(3):395-400, v. 
- Sanmano B, Hiruma M, Mizoguchi M, Ogawa H. Abbreviated oral itraconazole therapy for tinea corporis and tinea cruris. Mycoses. 2003 Sep;46(8):316-21. 
- Stary A, Sarnow E. Fluconazole in the treatment of tinea corporis and tinea cruris. Dermatology. 1998;196(2):237-41.