Jock Itch Prevention
Prevention of tinea cruris includes:
- Avoid close contact with those who have tinea cruris.
- Keep your skin clean and dry:
- Bathe after physical exertion and sweating.
- Change clothes and underwear frequently in hot weather.
- Wear loose fitting, clean cotton underwear.
- Good personal hygiene
- Wash personal items regularly:
- Do not share personal care items:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Clean showers with strong disinfectants.
Continue to Jock Itch Outlook
- Budimulja U, Bramono K, Urip KS, Basuki S, Widodo G, Rapatz G, Paul C. Once daily treatment with terbinafine 1% cream (Lamisil) for one week is effective in the treatment of tinea corporis and cruris. A placebo-controlled study. Mycoses. 2001;44(7-8):300-6. 
- Gupta AK, Chaudhry M, Elewski B. Tinea corporis, tinea cruris, tinea nigra, and piedra. Dermatol Clin. 2003 Jul;21(3):395-400, v. 
- Sanmano B, Hiruma M, Mizoguchi M, Ogawa H. Abbreviated oral itraconazole therapy for tinea corporis and tinea cruris. Mycoses. 2003 Sep;46(8):316-21. 
- Stary A, Sarnow E. Fluconazole in the treatment of tinea corporis and tinea cruris. Dermatology. 1998;196(2):237-41.