Jet Lag Prevention
Prevention for jet lag includes:
- Try melatonin supplements:
- Start 2 days before travel and continue one day beyond arrival
- Small doses are just as effective as higher doses
- Take melatonin 30 minutes before you plan to sleep
- Get plenty of rest before your trip.
- Drink plenty of water before and during travel.
- Try to sleep on the plane of it is nighttime at your destination.
PubMed Jet Lag References
- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders: part I, basic principles, shift work and jet lag disorders. An American Academy of Sleep Medicine review. Sleep. 2007 Nov 1;30(11):1460-83. 
- Skene DJ, Arendt J. Circadian rhythm sleep disorders in the blind and their treatment with melatonin. Sleep Med. 2007 Sep;8(6):651-5. Epub 2007 Apr 8. 
- Waterhouse J, Reilly T, Atkinson G, Edwards B. Jet lag: trends and coping strategies. Lancet. 2007 Mar 31;369(9567):1117-29.