Overview Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care liquid diet pain control warning signs Underlying Cause Anatomy
Jaw Pain after Injury Evaluation
- Jaw pain during speaking or chewing
- Jaw swelling and deformity
- Tooth fractures or avulsions
Tests may be required to evaluate a jaw injury.
Tests that may be used to evaluate a jaw injury include:
Continue to Jaw Pain after Injury Treatment
PubMed Jaw Pain after Injury References
- Caminiti MF, Weinberg S. Chronic mandibular dislocation: the role of non-surgical and surgical treatment. J Can Dent Assoc. 1998 Jul-Aug;64(7):484-91. 
- Dale RA. Dentoalveolar trauma. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2000 Aug;18(3):521-38. 
- Donat TL, Endress C, Mathog RH. Facial fracture classification according to skeletal support mechanisms. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1998 Dec;124(12):1306-14. 
- King RE, Scianna JM, Petruzzelli GJ. Mandible fracture patterns: a suburban trauma center experience. Am J Otolaryngol. 2004 Sep-Oct;25(5):301-7. 
- Lazow SK. The mandible fracture: a treatment protocol. J Craniomaxillofac Trauma. 1996 Summer;2(2):24-30.