Japanese Encephalitis Prevention
Prevention of Japanese encephalitis includes:
- Japanese B encephalitis immunization
- Avoid mosquito bites:
- Wear insect repellent clothing.
- Use insect repellents that contain DEET.
- Stay indoors at dusk.
- Wear long sleeve shirts and pants, and a hat.
- Check your skin and clothing for mosquitos after being outdoors.
Continue to Japanese Encephalitis Complications
- Debiasi RL, Tyler KL. Molecular methods for diagnosis of viral encephalitis. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2004 Oct;17(4):903-25, table of contents. 
- Gould EA, Higgs S, Buckley A, Gritsun TS. Potential arbovirus emergence and implications for the United Kingdom. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006 Apr;12(4):549-55. 
- Kennedy PG. Viral encephalitis: causes, differential diagnosis, and management. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2004 Mar;75 Suppl 1:i10-5. 
- Vernet G. Diagnosis of zoonotic viral encephalitis. Arch Virol Suppl. 2004;(18):231-44.