Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care dietary fiber warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause
Itchy Rectum Evaluation
- Blisters around the anus
- Lice around the anus
- Pinworms on the skin around the anus
- Rash around the anus
- Redness of the skin around the anus
- Swelling of the skin around the anus
- Warts around the anus
Tests are not necessary to make the diagnosis of pruritus ani.
Tests that may be used to evaluate pruritus ani include:
Continue to Itchy Rectum Treatment
PubMed Itchy Rectum References
- Daniel GL, Longo WE, Vernava AM 3rd. Pruritus ani. Causes and concerns. Dis Colon Rectum. 1994 Jul;37(7):670-4. 
- Eusebio EB, Graham J, Mody N. Treatment of intractable pruritus ani. Dis Colon Rectum. 1990 Sep;33(9):770-2. 
- Mazier WP. Hemorrhoids, fissures, and pruritus ani. Surg Clin North Am. 1994 Dec;74(6):1277-92.