Itching Rectum Prevention
Prevention of pruritus ani includes:
- Gently rinse the anus while bathing
- Do not clean the anus with soap.
- Do not scrub the anus with a brush.
- Wipe the anus gently after bowel movements.
- Use toilet paper that does not contain perfume.
- To help keep the anus dry:
- Wear moisture-wicking underwear.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes.
- Avoid spicy foods that may irritate the anus.
- Eat a high-fiber diet.
Continue to Itching Rectum Outlook
- Daniel GL, Longo WE, Vernava AM 3rd. Pruritus ani. Causes and concerns. Dis Colon Rectum. 1994 Jul;37(7):670-4. 
- Eusebio EB, Graham J, Mody N. Treatment of intractable pruritus ani. Dis Colon Rectum. 1990 Sep;33(9):770-2. 
- Mazier WP. Hemorrhoids, fissures, and pruritus ani. Surg Clin North Am. 1994 Dec;74(6):1277-92.