Iron Poor Blood Iron Supplements
The treatment for iron deficient anemia may require prescription iron supplements. Take iron supplements with vitamin C or orange juice. You may also increase the amount of iron in your diet.
Good sources of iron include:
- Dried fruit
- Fortified cereals
- Green, leafy vegetables
Continue to Iron Poor Blood Taking Control
- Green BT, Rockey DC. Gastrointestinal endoscopic evaluation of premenopausal women with iron deficiency anemia. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2004 Feb;38(2):104-9. 
- Ioannou GN, Dominitz JA, Weiss NS, Heagerty PJ, Kowdley KV. The effect of alcohol consumption on the prevalence of iron overload, iron deficiency, and iron deficiency anemia. Gastroenterology. 2004 May;126(5):1293-301. 
- Lozoff B, De Andraca I, Castillo M, Smith JB, Walter T, Pino P. Behavioral and developmental effects of preventing iron-deficiency anemia in healthy full-term infants. Pediatrics. 2003 Oct;112(4):846-54. 
- Sinclair LM, Hinton PS. Prevalence of iron deficiency with and without anemia in recreationally active men and women. J Am Diet Assoc. 2005 Jun;105(6):975-8. 
- White KC. Anemia is a poor predictor of iron deficiency among toddlers in the United States: for heme the bell tolls. Pediatrics. 2005 Feb;115(2):315-20.