Facts about intussusception:
- Intussusception usually occurs in children between the ages of 5 months and 2 years.
- One third of the cases of intussusception occur in children under the age of one year.
- Intussusception is more common in boys than girls.
Continue to Intussusception Risk Factors
- Daneman A, Alton DJ, Lobo E, Gravett J, Kim P, Ein SH. Patterns of recurrence of intussusception in children: a 17-year review. Pediatr Radiol. 1998 Dec;28(12):913-9. 
- Daneman A, Navarro O. Intussusception. Part 1: a review of diagnostic approaches. Pediatr Radiol. 2003 Feb;33(2):79-85. 
- Yalamarthi S, Smith RC. Adult intussusception: case reports and review of literature. Postgrad Med J. 2005 Mar;81(953):174-7.