Insect Bite Outlook
What to expect with insect bites and stings:
- Most insect bites and stings cause few symptoms.
- Allergic reactions to insect bites and stings are treated successfully with medication.
Continue to Insect Bite Complications
- Golden DB, Kagey-Sobotka A, Norman PS, Hamilton RG, Lichtenstein LM. Outcomes of allergy to insect stings in children, with and without venom immunotherapy. N Engl J Med. 2004 Aug 12;351(7):668-74. 
- Graft DF. Managing insect sting allergy. The ins and outs of venom immunotherapy. Postgrad Med. 2005 Jul;118(1):38-42. 
- Jerrard DA. ED management of insect stings. Am J Emerg Med. 1996 Jul;14(4):429-33. 
- Moffitt JE. Allergic reactions to insect stings and bites. South Med J. 2003 Nov;96(11):1073-9. 
- Steen CJ, Janniger CK, Schutzer SE, Schwartz RA. Insect sting reactions to bees, wasps, and ants. Int J Dermatol. 2005 Feb;44(2):91-4. 
- Stibich AS, Carbonaro PA, Schwartz RA. Insect bite reactions: an update. Dermatology. 2001;202(3):193-7.