Injury of the Eye Incidence
Facts about eye injury:
- Eye injuries are common.
- About one thousand occupational eye injuries occur in the US each day.
- Occupational injuries account for about one-quarter of all serious eye injuries in the US.
Continue to Injury of the Eye Risk Factors
- Lombardi DA, Pannala R, Sorock GS, Wellman H, Courtney TK, Verma S, Smith GS. Welding related occupational eye injuries: a narrative analysis. Inj Prev. 2005 Jun;11(3):174-9. 
- McGwin G Jr, Owsley C. Incidence of emergency department-treated eye injury in the United States. Arch Ophthalmol. 2005 May;123(5):662-6. 
- McGwin G Jr, Xie A, Owsley C. Rate of eye injury in the United States. Arch Ophthalmol. 2005 Jul;123(7):970-6. 
- Welch LS, Hunting KL, Mawudeku A. Injury surveillance in construction: eye injuries. Appl Occup Environ Hyg. 2001 Jul;16(7):755-62.