Injured Testicle Overview
Another name for Injured Testicle is Testicular Injury.
What is a testicular injury?
A male with a testicular injury has damage to the testicle, caused by an injury. Injuries to the scrotum and testicle are usually caused by blunt force, but may also be caused by sharp objects. The most common cause of testicular injury is a sports injury.
What are the symptoms of a testicular injury?
Symptoms of a testicular injury may include testicular pain, testicular swelling, testicular tenderness, abrasion or laceration to the scrotum, bruise to the scrotum, or redness of the scrotum.
How does the doctor a treat a testicular injury?
Treatment for a testicular injury may include rest, scrotal support, wound care, antibiotics, surgery, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain.
Continue to Injured Testicle Symptoms
- Buckley JC, McAninch JW. Use of ultrasonography for the diagnosis of testicular injuries in blunt scrotal trauma. J Urol. 2006 Jan;175(1):175-8. 
- Cass AS, Ferrara L, Wolpert J, Lee J. Bilateral testicular injury from external trauma. J Urol. 1988 Dec;140(6):1435-6. 
- Micallef M, Ahmad I, Ramesh N, Hurley M, McInerney D. Ultrasound features of blunt testicular injury. Injury. 2001 Jan;32(1):23-6. 
- Pace A, Powell C. Testicular infarction and rupture after blunt trauma--use of diagnostic ultrasound. ScientificWorldJournal. 2004 Jun 14;4:437-41. 
- Wan J, Corvino TF, Greenfield SP, DiScala C. Kidney and testicle injuries in team and individual sports: data from the national pediatric trauma registry. J Urol. 2003 Oct;170(4 Pt 2):1528-3; discussion 1531-2.