Injured by Lightning Incidence
Facts about lightning injuries:
- About 1,500 people in the US are struck by lightning each year.
- About 300 people die from lightning injuries in the US each year.
Continue to Injured by Lightning Symptoms
- Adekoya N, Nolte KB. Struck-by-lightning deaths in the United States. J Environ Health. 2005 May;67(9):45-50, 58. 
- Cherington M. Spectrum of neurologic complications of lightning injuries. NeuroRehabilitation. 2005;20(1):3-8. 
- Selvaggi G, Monstrey S, Van Landuyt K, Hamdi M, Blondeel P. Rehabilitation of burn injured patients following lightning and electrical trauma. NeuroRehabilitation. 2005;20(1):35-42. 
- Zafren K, Durrer B, Herry JP, Brugger H; ICAR and UIAA MEDCOM. Lightning injuries: prevention and on-site treatment in mountains and remote areas. Official guidelines of the International Commission for Mountain Emergency Medicine and the Medical Commission of the International Mountaineering and Climbing Federation (ICAR and UIAA MEDCOM). Resuscitation. 2005 Jun;65(3):369-72.