Injured Arm Overview
Another name for Injured Arm is Arm Injury.
What is an arm injury?
A person with an arm injury has damage to the structures in the arm caused by an injury. Most arm injuries are caused by falls. Common arm injuries include arm contusion, arm fracture, and arm dislocation. Soft tissue arm injuries include stab wounds, lacerations, abrasions, and puncture wounds.
What are the symptoms of an arm injury?
Common symptoms of an arm injury include arm pain, arm tenderness, arm swelling, and arm deformity.
How does the doctor treat an arm injury?
Treatment of an arm injury includes rest, elevation, cold compresses and pain medications. Treatment may include the application of a splint or cast. Some arm injuries may need to be treated with surgery.
Continue to Injured Arm Symptoms
- Bennett R. Addressing musculoskeletal pain. Geriatrics. 2004 Aug;59(8):11-2. 
- Emery KH. Imaging of sports injuries of the upper extremity in children. Clin Sports Med. 2006 Jul;25(3):543-68, viii. 
- Garnett WR. GI effects of OTC analgesics: implications for product selection. J Am Pharm Assoc (Wash). 1996 Sep;NS36(9):565-72. 
- Kijowski R, De Smet AA. The role of ultrasound in the evaluation of sports medicine injuries of the upper extremity. Clin Sports Med. 2006 Jul;25(3):569-90, viii.
- Orchard JW. Intrinsic and extrinsic risk factors for muscle strains in Australian football. Am J Sports Med. 2001 May-Jun;29(3):300-3. 
- Wainstein JL, Nailor TE. Tendinitis and tendinosis of the elbow, wrist, and hands. Clin Occup Environ Med. 2006;5(2):299-322, vii.