Ingrown Toenail Outlook
What to expect with an ingrown toenail:
- Most ingrown toenails will improve with home care.
- Persistent symptoms may require minor surgery.
Continue to Ingrown Toenail Complications
- Gupta S, Sahoo B, Kumar B. Treating ingrown toenails by nail splinting with a flexible tube: an Indian experience. J Dermatol. 2001 Sep;28(9):485-9. 
- Persichetti P, Simone P, Li Vecchi G, Di Lella F, Cagli B, Marangi GF. Wedge excision of the nail fold in the treatment of ingrown toenail. Ann Plast Surg. 2004 Jun;52(6):617-20. 
- Takahashi M, Narisawa Y. Radical surgery for ingrown nails by partial resection of the nail plate and matrix using a carbon dioxide laser. J Cutan Laser Ther. 2000 Mar;2(1):21-5.