Inflamed Vein Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of thrombophlebitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having thrombophlebitis again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Inflamed Vein Specialist
- Belcaro G, Nicolaides AN, Errichi BM, Cesarone MR, De Sanctis MT, Incandela L, Venniker R. Superficial thrombophlebitis of the legs: a randomized, controlled, follow-up study. Angiology. 1999 Jul;50(7):523-9. 
- Schonauer V, Kyrle PA, Weltermann A, Minar E, Bialonczyk C, Hirschl M, Quehenberger P, Schneider B, Partsch H, Eichinger S. Superficial thrombophlebitis and risk for recurrent venous thromboembolism. J Vasc Surg. 2003 Apr;37(4):834-8. 
- Unno N, Mitsuoka H, Uchiyama T, Yamamoto N, Saito T, Ishimaru K, Kaneko H, Nakamura S. Superficial thrombophlebitis of the lower limbs in patients with varicose veins. Surg Today. 2002;32(5):397-401.