Inflamed Vagina Home Care
Home care for vaginitis includes:
- Nonprescription vaginitis medications:
- Butoconazole (Femstat)
- Clotrimazole (Gyne-Lotrimin, Mycelex-7, and FemCare)
- Miconazole (Monistat 7)
- Nystatin (Mycostatin)
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
- Take lukewarm baths to decrease genital irritation.
Inflamed Vagina Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have vaginitis and any of the following:
Continue to Inflamed Vagina Prevention
- Owen MK, Clenney TL. Management of vaginitis. Am Fam Physician. 2004 Dec 1;70(11):2125-32. 
- Spence D. Candidiasis (vulvovaginal). Clin Evid. 2004 Dec;(12):2493-511. 
- Syed TS, Braverman PK. Vaginitis in adolescents. Adolesc Med Clin. 2004 Jun;15(2):235-51.