Overview Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care vomiting warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Inflamed Inner Ear Vomiting
- Drink clear liquids only, such as water, sports drinks, fruit juice and dilute tea.
- Drink small quantities of fluids frequently: two tablespoons of fluid every 5 minutes.
- Avoid milk and dairy products for 3 days.
- Avoid liquids that irritate the stomach, such as citrus juice, alcohol and coffee.
- If nausea or vomiting continues, consider one of the nonprescription medicines listed below.
- Once vomiting and nausea resolves, start bland foods first. If you tolerate bland food, then you can resume a normal diet.
Nonprescription medications for vomiting include:
Continue to Inflamed Inner Ear Warning Signs
PubMed Inflamed Inner Ear References
- Halmagyi GM. Diagnosis and management of vertigo. Clin Med. 2005 Mar-Apr;5(2):159-65. 
- Hyden D. Mumps labyrinthitis, endolymphatic hydrops and sudden deafness in succession in the same ear. ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec. 1996 Nov-Dec;58(6):338-42. 
- Lemajic-Komazec S, Komazec Z. Initial evaluation of vertigo. Med Pregl. 2006 Nov-Dec;59(11-12):585-90. 
- Stokroos RJ, Albers FW, Tenvergert EM. Antiviral treatment of idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss: a prospective, randomized, double-blind clinical trial. Acta Otolaryngol. 1998 Jul;118(4):488-95. 
- Swartz R, Longwell P. Treatment of vertigo. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Mar 15;71(6):1115-22.